‘Have you got a card?’
I bet you have heard this a few times, but maybe not for much longer. Whether digital business cards are worth it is still up for debate by some but it can’t be denied that they are starting to take over in many situations.
If you are short of time, these are my best-rated digital business cards you should definitely check out.
If you want to know more such as exactly what Digital Business Cards are, what to look out for, how they work, what options there are, or if you should even care about them, then read on as we cover all that and a whole lot more.
I have personally reviewed and tested the best digital business cards that are currently on the market and there are some clear winners.
All of them have the advantage of outsmarting physical business cards, are far more eco-friendly, and may even give you visibility into if your contact details are ever looked at again.
byseanmackay.com is supported by you, our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Best for Solopreneurs
HiHello is one of the leaders in the Digital Business Card field. They offer 4 types of package, which provides excellent features whilst offering flexibility for all level of users.
HiHello has all your digital business card needs covered. From free single-user subscriptions right up to enterprise-level plans that offer templates, organization management, and standard integrations to leading CRMs, we are sure you won’t be disappointed by checking HiHello out.
- Simple user interface for ease of design and navigation
- Easily add your photo, logo, colors, and unique design
- Create your design and download it for your Zoom background
- Quickly and easily add all your social badges and outbound links
- Share your contact details without the receiver needing to download the app
- Share via email, social media, QR, and NFC, as well as sync with Google and Outlook
- Available for free on iOS and Android
Could be better
- Lack of decent reporting insights with the free plans
The free plan offers simple features that will be suitable for many. For the budding entrepreneur and larger business, you will want to opt for one of the paid plans to really gain all the benefits of the design, sharing, analytic, and integration capabilities.
This is one of the best digital business card offerings in the market right now. I love how it can send all client details and information you capture to your CRM. Then to get clever, you can pull all of that into AI presentation software and start building a pitch deck when the time is right!
Best for Small to Medium Businesses
Blinq is another one of the leaders in the Digital Business Card space. Their web and app design is super intuitive and wizards guide you through the process of creating and sharing your electronic business card.
The stand-out features of Blinq are geared toward small to large businesses but still offer a solid digital business card experience for the individuals out there who need some basic features. They are especially generous with the functions that are on offer via their free subscription plan.
- Easy step-by-step wizards to get setup in minutes
- Rich design features, even on the free subscription plan
- Once you send your contact details, recipients can easily share theirs which are stored in the contacts section for easy reference
- Add Calendly and Payment along with many other badge and link options
- Share your details via email, social media, QR, NFC, and even text, widgets, or the Apple Watch app
- Design cards at an organizational level to ensure consistency and data accuracy aligned with your brand image
- Integrate with your organization’s CRM and Active Directory for easy employee onboarding and tracking of potential leads and contacts
Could be better
- Not being able to fully remove the Bling branding when signed up for the free plan may be a deal breaker for some
- Prices can get expensive for larger businesses that require multiple cards
Blinq offers excellent features in the free plan that will meet many individual needs. If you are looking to standardize your business cards and fully integrate them with your existing business systems then Blinq can really help you streamline through their business plans.
Blinq’s wizards and fast setup put you at ease from the get-go. Whether you are designing and administering at an enterprise level or an individual part of a business that is using the technology, you will be able to get started quickly and start sharing and building contacts with no hassle at all.
Best for Enterprises
Haystack is a top contender if you are looking for a digital business card that offers a personalized service. This is great for Enterprise customers and with 300,000 customers, Haystack is the largest business card platform out there.
Not only do they help limit the 2 million trees cut down for paper business card production but they also go one extra and plant trees on behalf of all paid Haystack users!
- Simple user interface to build your digital business card template and content
- Built-in scanner to scan paper business cards so you still have all your contact details in one place
- Share your details via a QR code or a unique link for ease of sharing
- Unlimited card designs on the free plan
- The free 30-Day Challenge – paramount to businesses; work with the customer success team to ensure successful communication and roll out to employees
- Great set of analytics available for premium plans – a must-have for business execs.
- Integrate with your organization’s CRM and HR systems via a huge range of standardized integrations
Could be better
- Being able to design the card on the web app would be a benefit for larger organizations
- Prices are at the top end for business and enterprise but with the personalized and dedicated support offering, could well be worth it
- The lack of sharing options could be an issue for some
The 3 plans on offer provide great flexibility and features. The free plan offers unlimited cards which is a big plus. The business plan will suit most and provides all the features you will ever need, it can come at a cost though with the more users you add.
If you are a bigger business and aren’t sure how you would roll this out to your teams, then the Enterprise plan is a must, you will be in safe hands with Hatstack’s brilliant customer success team.
The app is solid no matter if you are an individual or enterprise user. The unlimited cards on the free plan are a big draw whilst the customized service for business and enterprise users should help de-risk the design, communication, and roll-out strategies for even the largest of organizations.
The 30-Day Challenge along with the sustainability and carbon offsetting on offer for all paid plans may well tip the scales for you.
Best QR code platform
This isn’t a traditional digital business card app but I think for the small to large business owner, this is definitely one to consider and assess how QR codes could help your business with other use cases.
Beaconstac is a full-stack QD code generator and marketing platform that provides a solution for numerous QR code use cases, one being digital business cards.
- Fully customizable cards that can be designed based on many templates
- Intuitive wizards to take you through the setup and design process in minutes
- QR code customization and configuration options
- Fully configurable landing pages that look clean and professional
- Scalable solution to use QR codes across other aspects of your business, such as on marketing collateral or product packaging
- Extremely feature-rich analytics available on all plans
- Real-time QR code tracking
Could be better
- No free plan is available
- Only able to share contact details via a QR code
There are 4 plans available, ranging from individual users, right up to enterprise-level customers. The Lite plan would suit most businesses looking for just digital business cards but this might make it at the higher end of the price point compared to the alternatives on the list and not provide as many features.
If you are open to seeing how QR codes could help other areas of your business then I think you should check out Beaconstac. You may find they solve a problem you are also having and you can leverage the digital business card features as an added benefit to your wider QR code strategy.
However, solely for digital business cards, I would give this one a miss and check out the others on the list.
5. Mobilo Card
Best for Teams
Now just because most things are now on your phone or tablet, it doesn’t mean digital business cards have to be. If you are someone that wants a physical digital business card then this is the product for you.
Mobilio offers a range of digital business cards, key fobs, and smart buttons with a choice of wood, metal, or plastic material that can be fully custom designed if desired. They also take care of the eco-friendly aspect and plant trees to offset their carbon footprint.
- Physical cards, key fobs, and buttons that require no ongoing subscription
- Sleek design functions that output highly professional products aligned to your businesses brand
- One of the most NFC-friendly business cards in the market
- Highly functional admin dashboard and features for enhanced business use
- Manage your Teams with monitoring, tracking, and analytic tools
- Offers great contact to conversion opportunities with lead management functionality
- Integrates with all the leading CRM and HR systems
Could be better
- Having a fuller mobile app offering would be beneficial for some
- Can only share contact details via NFC
There are 3 plans available from a personal plan that includes Mobilo branding through to personal custom-designed cards and then right up to full business teams. The Teams plan requires a user license for the added features and support but the real cost will be the physical cards.
The physical-digital business cards look sleek and offer a high level of classy professionalism when you take out your personally branded card.
Depending on what industry you are in and how important your brand image is, this might be a costly way to go, especially when we know that physical cards of all nature go missing here and there.
Best for physical NFC
Popl is a great place to start if you want some physical NFC products to share your contact details along with a slick fully app-based method. The free app features also serve a purpose and would work for the individual looking to simply share contact details.
If you are assessing electronic business cards for a larger business then this should be considered. You know you will get some execs asking for a physical card and this is possible with Popl along with many other types of physical kit such as phone cards, dots, wrist bands, and displays for exhibitions.
- Free plan available that offers app-based contact sharing via email, QR, text, widget, and wallet features
- Free plan does not offer much customization and it’s more like a contact-sharing app than a digital business card app
- Once upgraded to Pro, the features and customization options are strong and simple to use
- The most hardware-ready offering on the market with a ton of physical NFC kit that can be custom designed
- The business plan offers lead capture with sorting and grouping options which is great for large exhibitions and conferences, where many team members may be using the app
- Custom QR code adds a nice touch when combined with the display kit
- In-built paper business card scanner as well as over 4000+ integration points
Could be better
- Too many pop-ups and ads when using the free plan
- Could get expensive if you invest in all the gadgets and there is also a subscription fee
The free plan offers basic contact-sharing capabilities via the app. The Pro plan at $7.99 per month (at the time of writing) will unlock all the Pro features within the app which will be a must unless you only want simple contact-sharing functions.
Popl has a great physical NFC lineup, it could become costly if you need to kit out lots of employees but it’s worth checking out Popl’s full offering to see the type of kit available.
The Pro features are definitely worth the uplift in price if you want a professional look and feel and a half-decent experience. Taking on lots of physical NFC kit may be the way you want to go, if so, Popl will be a strong contender and shouldn’t let you down.
If you are looking for an NFC-sharing solution then check out my Popl vs Dot comparison article.
Best for embedding video content
Switchit looks and feels super clean which is so important in today’s world, especially when in business situations. The ability to embed video of your digital business card will be the deciding factor for many as this adds a great personal touch – this is even available on the free plan!
- Ease of use and look and feel are by far Switchit’s best features
- Ability to embed 25-second video on the free plan and up to 90 seconds with the paid plan
- Can create up to 4 business cards and integrate with top calendar apps even with the free plan
- Full custom themes and branding when upgraded to Premium or Business
- Attach files and documents to your digital business cards for recipient download
- Smart contact management to improve lead management and conversions
- Integration with the top CRMs
- Business plan offers full access management control – a must for the larger enterprises
Could be better
- Lack of analytics on the Premium plan
There are 3 plans available with Switchit, a free plan, Premium, and Business. They don’t give a price on the Business plan so for the bigger businesses out there you may be able to negotiate a great deal.
The free plan offers a solid offering for the individual out there that wants a clean and sleek electronic business card and some light design options.
When upgraded to Premium it adds some solid new features and if you are a small business owner this is probably the way to go.
For larger businesses, you will need the Business plan, solely for the analytics and access control features if nothing else, These can be used to identify your top performers and help coach the reps that are falling behind.
Best for networking
KadoNetworks is another well-rounded digital business card app. It has all the features and functions to make it a solid contender plus it excels in organizing contacts and relationship management functions which helps to know who the real decision-makers are!
- Free version available
- All the baseline digital business card features covered; custom designs, paper card scanner, and loads of sharing features.
- Calendar integration, even on the free plan
- Look and feel of the app is excellent with a simple, easy-to-navigate interface
- Add and manage notes and interactions all in one place
- Ability to share client, prospect, and contact information with team members
- Can integrate with email apps and sync via Linked In on the Business plan
Could be better
- Lack of actionable analytics at the enterprise level
- A little blurry between a digital business card solution and a CRM platform
There is a free version available that will suffice for the individual trader but for any growth, you will want to opt for the Teams plan which will work for most SMEs. Any larger then the Business plan may be the best option for the premium onboarding services and enhanced integration features.
If you are at lots of events and meet new prospects on a daily basis then KadoNetworks should definitely be considered.
The contact organization and ability to quickly add notes along with voice-to-text really does help stay on top of who you spoke to, where the opportunity is, and follow through with relevant next steps.
Be careful though, as much of this information will likely be required in your CRM software and currently the full integration doesn’t seem quite there with KadoNetworks.
Best for premium eco-friendly cards
Tacta is a relatively new incomer to the market from the UK but offers premium physical digital business cards that I thought were worth adding to the mix.
With the choice of metal hybrid, PVC, or bamboo as the base material, these cards really will make a statement when sharing details with clients or prospects.
The eco-friendly bamboo is sure to make a statement on your company’s commitment to sustainable initiatives.
- Premium look and feel product for the most professional environments
- Full color and logo customization
- Share via QR, NFC, E-mail, Whatsapp, or SMS
- Complete online portal and landing page branding and customization
- Add unlimited links to your landing page which offer link statistics to understand what platforms drive the most engagement
- Reassign cards for joiners/leavers with ease
- Full suite of analytics provided
Could be better
- Integration into CRMs and other enterprise software
- Lack of additional NFC products such as keyfobs and buttons.
Tacta’s pricing is based on the material chosen for the cards with the metal hybrid taking the top spot. For the sustainable champions out there, the Bamboo cards are reasonably priced with the PVC coming in at the bottom of the offering range
Sometimes in life, you get what you pay for and this is exactly the case with Tacta. The premium materials and craftsmanship of these digital business cards won’t leave you feeling short-changed.
Combine that with the online portal and landing page branding and customization features, then Tacta is a strong contender if you meet and greet with high-profile clients on a regular basis.
A digital business card is a way of sharing your contact details, social media links, brand message and company logo, company profile, or really anything you want with prospects, clients, or even family and friends.
You can create a digital business card via user-friendly wizards on digital business card websites like those found in this article. You can also download the app of your chosen digital business card provider and create all the graphics and content from there.
The simple answer is no. Electronic business cards are the same as digital business cards. The terms are interchangeable but Digital Business Cards are generally what is recognized most.
Virtual business cards are the same as digital business cards but they are fully digital. There is no physical card available like you might have with digital business cards such as Popl or Dot. Often the terms are used interchangeably with digital business cards and electronic business cards.
Digital Business Cards are a great way for all kinds of businesses and individuals to create and share the information they want others to receive. This is a vital concept of digital business cards as it goes above simple contact details that you usually find on normal physical business cards.
If you want to create engaging content, embed videos, create and brand landing pages, and offer a unique experience when connecting with prospects and clients then a digital business card is a great way to do it.
Not only that, but the contact management, team sharing, and integration capabilities of some of the best providers really do make digital business cards one of the essential sales tools.